VERY SHORT TIME AWARDS LISTING
1. The ARRL Website has a pretty big listing of Special Event Stations, many of which offer a certificate. Best way to get a listing of the awards is to specify a start and stop date in their web form. Use the "search" function in your web browser to look for the word certificate.
2. CQ Magazine also publishes a list of special events, some of which offer certificates.
ARCHIVE OF ALL 2013 VERY SHORT TIME
ARCHIVE OF ALL 2014 VERY SHORT TIME AWARDS
ARCHIVE OF ALL 2015 VERY SHORT TIME AWARDS
ARCHIVE OF ALL 2016 VERY SHORT TIME AWARDS
SHORT OF 2017 TO DATE
2017 1 May to 31 July 2017 RUSSIA
The Ecosphere Award The year 2017 has been declared in Russia as the Ecology Year. Accordingly,
our group has arranged a special event call sign R2017F (Russia-2017-Field),
which we will use for amateur radio activity from a number of specially
protected Natural Areas during a three month period of time. . Some of those
areas will have RFF-references ("Russian Flora & Fauna" in the RFF,
WFF and WWFF ham radio award programs) and are absolutely new ones on the radio
amateur map of the world. In order to draw attention to the activity of R2017F and to our "Field
Flowers" outdoor QRP Marathon, we have established a special short term
"Ecosphere" 2 Award of two levels, issued to radio amateurs around the
world for making QSOs with R2017F and participants of the "Field
Flowers" outdoor QRP Marathon. General conditions Contacts with Special call sign radio station R2017F and Participants of
"Field Flowers" outdoor QRP Marathon will be made during their outdoor
activity (CALL /P). A constantly updated list of Marathon participants is
available on the page of current Marathon results: Home > QRP Marathon >
Ranking Tables, made from May 01 to July 31, 2017 inclusive are valid for the
award. Duplicated QSOs are valid only with station R2017F working from different
specially protected Natural Areas (RFF-references). Information about RFF-reference
can be obtained during QSO with R2017F or from our announcements calendar, from
announcements in "Agenda" section of the WWFF website, from our posts
in the WWFF group of the Facebook social network, from spots in radio amateur
clusters. QSO with one of the organizers of Outdoor QRP Activity Group (UA3LMR (also
RD2A), RN3ANT, UR0ET, RK8A) — "Joker" — may be counted to
substitute any one missing QSO with R2017F. There are two levels of "Ecosphere" Award, including: Payments are accepted through PayPal to RN3ANT@gmail.com
. Requirements: 2. Non-European applicants need: 3. Participants of the "Field flowers" outdoor QRP Marathon need: 4. SWL can earn the "Ecosphere" Award on rules established for
Amateur Stations. . Applications: Applications for the "Ecosphere" Award are accepted until August
31, 2017 inclusive, dispatch of Level I Awards will start since September 01,
2017.1 — Specially Protected Definitions: * — The cost is approximate and may change, depending on the change in
postal rates at the time of receipt of the application. E-mail: RN3ANT@uqrqc.ru Tks Vit, RN3ANT 4/27/17 1 May to 31 October 2017 POLAND
FATIMA 100 Award ( SN100F ) The call SN100F celebrates the 100th Anniversary of the Fatima Apparitions. Requirements: To qualify for "Fatima 100 Award" you must make at
least 100 points with the event station's:
of the Award
The Ecosphere Award
Lithuanian Hill Forts Award ( LY17PM )
FATIMA 100 Award ( SN100F )
TM500LH - Le Havre 500th Anniversary
Golden Ring of Russia Diplma
800th Anniversary of Raciborz
Danube River Ham Radio Activity
The EG8CM Award
24 Hours of du Mans
1st Gulf Diploma
80th Anniversary of First Soviet Arctic Station on drifting
International Museums Weekends 2017
World Castles Day 2017
Award of the Boyard Fortress
Sea of Peace ( SOP ) - Pennon
of annual award
Diploma "Rayna Kasabova " LZ120RK
60th Anniversary of the First Amateur from Babia Gora Mt ( SN60BG )
13 Colonies Special Event 2017
30th Anniversary of the Valtellina Flood Emergency Award
1 August 2017
17 August 2017
II Ascoli, City of Quintana Award
2017 European Youth Olympic Festival ( HG17EYOF)
EXODUS 1947 - 70th Anniversary
Canadian Liberation March ( OP36CLM )
Level II (starting) Award — an electronic certificate will be issued at no cost.
Level I (basic) Award — a hard copy certificate (the cost of issuing this, including delivery is an equivalent of US$5 for stations in the Russian Federation or US$7 for stations in any other parts of the world.
1. European applicants need:
Level II (starting) — QSOs with R2017F operating from 5 different RFF-references and QSOs with 5 different participants of the "Field flowers" outdoor QRP Marathon.
Level I (basic) — QSOs with R2017F operating from 10 different RFF-references and QSOs with 10 different participants of the "Field flowers" outdoor QRP Marathon.
Level II (starting) — QSOs with R2017F from 1 RFF-reference and QSOs with 5 different participants of the "Field flowers" outdoor QRP Marathon.
Level I (basic) — QSOs with R2017F operating from 2 different RFF-references and QSOs with 10 different participants of the "Field flowers" outdoor QRP Marathon.
Level II (starting) — at least 50 QSOs from 5 different places/routes (according to the Rules of the "Field flowers" outdoor QRP Marathon).
Level I (basic) — at least 70 QSOs from 7 different places/routes (according to the Rules of the "Field flowers" outdoor QRP Marathon).
Award applications should be filled in according to the standard procedure as a GCR (General certification rule) QSO log extract, including all the standard information regarding QSO’s and additionally RFF-references for QSO with R2017F should be sent to the award manager at award@outdoorQRP.org .
1 - Natural Areas — grounds, water surface and air space above them, where natural complexes and objects are located that have a special nature protection, scientific, cultural, aesthetic, recreational and health value.
2--Ecosphere — (from Greek ï êïò oîkos — environment, habitat and óöá ñá — ball) is the worldwide sum of all ecosystems, ecological sheath of the Earth, the totality of its properties as the planet, creating conditions for the growth of biological systems.
Direct link for the Terms is http://www.outdoorqrp.org/awards-prog/eco
Special dates of commemorating the revelations and Secrets of Fatima are: 13 May,13 June,13 July,13 August, 13 September and 13 October 19172017.
Participation: The award is open to all OM and SWL.
Band: All HF bands from 10 to 160 m.
Mode: CW, Digital, SSB
1 May to 31 July 2017
RUSSIA The Ecosphere Award
The year 2017 has been declared in Russia as the Ecology Year. Accordingly, our group has arranged a special event call sign R2017F (Russia-2017-Field), which we will use for amateur radio activity from a number of specially protected Natural Areas during a three month period of time. . Some of those areas will have RFF-references ("Russian Flora & Fauna" in the RFF, WFF and WWFF ham radio award programs) and are absolutely new ones on the radio amateur map of the world.
In order to draw attention to the activity of R2017F and to our "Field Flowers" outdoor QRP Marathon, we have established a special short term "Ecosphere" 2 Award of two levels, issued to radio amateurs around the world for making QSOs with R2017F and participants of the "Field Flowers" outdoor QRP Marathon.
Contacts with Special call sign radio station R2017F and Participants of "Field Flowers" outdoor QRP Marathon will be made during their outdoor activity (CALL /P). A constantly updated list of Marathon participants is available on the page of current Marathon results: Home > QRP Marathon > Ranking Tables, made from May 01 to July 31, 2017 inclusive are valid for the award.
Duplicated QSOs are valid only with station R2017F working from different specially protected Natural Areas (RFF-references). Information about RFF-reference can be obtained during QSO with R2017F or from our announcements calendar, from announcements in "Agenda" section of the WWFF website, from our posts in the WWFF group of the Facebook social network, from spots in radio amateur clusters.
QSO with one of the organizers of Outdoor QRP Activity Group (UA3LMR (also RD2A), RN3ANT, UR0ET, RK8A) — "Joker" — may be counted to substitute any one missing QSO with R2017F.
There are two levels of "Ecosphere" Award, including:
Payments are accepted through PayPal to RN3ANT@gmail.com .
2. Non-European applicants need:
3. Participants of the "Field flowers" outdoor QRP Marathon need:
4. SWL can earn the "Ecosphere" Award on rules established for Amateur Stations. .
Applications for the "Ecosphere" Award are accepted until August 31, 2017 inclusive, dispatch of Level I Awards will start since September 01, 2017.1 — Specially Protected
* — The cost is approximate and may change, depending on the change in postal rates at the time of receipt of the application.
Tks Vit, RN3ANT 4/27/17
1 May to 31 October 2017
POLAND FATIMA 100 Award ( SN100F )
The call SN100F celebrates the 100th Anniversary of the Fatima Apparitions.
Requirements: To qualify for "Fatima 100 Award" you must make at least 100 points with the event station's:3Z100F, HF100F, SN100F, and SP100F. You may work the same station if the QSOs are all made on different bands and modes.
1. QSO EU stn's = 10 points.
2. QSO DX stn's = 20 points
3. QSOs on the special activity day's: May 13, June 13, July 13, August 13, September 13 and October 13 double the points and can be applied to duplicate QSOs.
4. QSO made in contests can be counted.
The Award will be transmitted in electronic version (free) and requests must be made before January 31st 2018. Send application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
QSL cards are not necessary, only an extract from the log.
The Diploma will be issued with a separate numbering.
Apply no later than January 31, 2018
Award's team: Edward SP5CGN, Jerzy SP5NZA, Jerzy SP5SSB, Mariusz SQ5M
Tks QRZ.com/SN100F 7/17/17
1 May to 30 June 2017
LITHUANIA Lithuanian Hill Forts Award ( LY17PM )
Hill Forts are the remnants of fortified structures, in many cases dating back to the 1300's in early Northern European countries, and were probably the first version of a castle. There are about 1000 of such structures in Lithuania alone. One good resource (in the English language) that goes into detail on these primitive structures can be found in http://www.piliakalniai.lt/index_en.php . Today, Hillforts are the best known and the most beautiful archaeological monuments in Lithuania. The Lithuanian Parliament (Seimas), taking into consideration, that hill-forts, are symbolic of Baltic Culture, have proclaimed the year 2017 as the Hill Forts Year.
There is already an existing Lithuanian Amateur Radio Award which has, for many years, offered a certificate for contacting stations operating at the sites of these Hill Forts. This is a separate award which will offer a different certificate for contacts made from 1 May to 30 June 2017 using a special call-sign of LY17PM. Keep in mind that contacts for this award may use Hill Fort QSOs with LY17PM and any other call signs operating from the vicinity of these structures.
REQUIREMENTS: During the year of 2017 applicants must make QSOs with 17 different hill-forts. All QSOs, using CW, PHONE or DIGI modes are valid. Applications for award should be sent until March 1, 2018 to award manager’s address: email@example.com .
Award can be issued in electronic form, JPG or PDF style upon applicant‘s request.
May 25 - 30, 2017
June 5 - 10, 2017
August 30 - Sept 4, 2017
October 1 - 8, 2017
FRANCE TM500LH: Le Havre 500 th Anniversary
In celebration of the 500th anniversary of the city of Le Havre's foundation, the French city's Amateur Radio club F6KOH will be using the special call sign TM500LH for the following periods: May 25 to 31; June 5 to 10; August 30 to September 4; and October 1 to 8.
The local Amateur radio clubs F8KHN, F4KIW and F4KJL will join F6KOH to activate the TM500LH special event callsign and operate in the following modes: Voice, CW, SSTV, and other numeric modes.
A special diploma will be delivered to all Amateur Radio stations having made three contacts with TM500LH..
If you need any other information about this event, please consult TM500LH on QRZ.com. You can also contact TM500LH-World@shtsf.com if TM500LH on QRZ.com does not have the specific information you are looking for.
Tks Radio Amateurs of Canada (RAC)
May 27 to August 27, 2017
RUSSIA Golden Ring of Russia 50 years
A Jubilee plaque titled the "Golden Ring of Russia - 50 years" shall be issued for QSOs with special stations operating in honor of the Russian Golden Ring cities during the activity period May 27 - August 27, 2017.
Requirement for the Plaque: Ccarry out radio communications with each special event radio station Golden Ring cities of Russia:
City and Callsign Assigned:
Sergiev Posad RG50SP
Wild Card Station R50ZKR
These stations may be contacted on all the legal amateur bands, using all kinds of radiation, but not more than 1 radio communication with each special station.
Radio R50ZKR, works in honor of the anniversary of the tourist route: "The Golden Ring of Russia" is a wild card QSL and can substitute for the missing radio stations with the Golden Ring cities, but no more than 2 times.
Hams observer (SWL) plaque is issued on the basis of 2-way observations under the similar conditions as licensed amateurs. QSO confirmation is made only on the basis of the downloaded log on RO3m.ru. site
The cost of the plaque is 1300 rubles, without transfer, be transferred by bank transfer to the bank account, Visa card or electronic purse Yandex award manager. Information for making an application for plaques, as well as the processing status, payment, schedules for manufacturing and shipment is available on web-site of RO3M.ru.
Internet: http://www.qrz.ru/awards/detail/1276.html Or http://www.ro3m.ru/awards/grplaque
June 1 to 30, 2017
POLAND 800th Anniversary of Raciborz
To receive an electronic Award free of charge, work or hear the following stations from the RC (Racibórz) county of call area SP9 and other participating operators during June 2017.
1. SP: three QSO’s/HRD’s with HF800RC plus three other participating stations
2. EU: two QSO’s/HRD’s with HF800RC plus two other stations
3. DX: one QSO/HRD with HF800RC plus one other station
Other participating stations will identify themselves on the air.
Repeat QSO’s/HRD’s are valid if made on other bands, with different modes, or with the Award stations are operating from another QTH.
Look for increased activity of Award stations during the Days of Racibórz on 9-11 June 2017.
Send your cabrillo log extract to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31 July 2017. Subject: your call sign and "Dyplom HF800RC".
SQ9JKG, SQ9HHV, SP9ERE, SQ9HYN, SQ9HHO, SP9DFP, SP9MDY, SQ9NKR, SQ9HHC,
SQ9MDE, SP9XCI, SQ9MTN, SQ9MTP, SP6OUJ, SQ6KMC, SQ6LZM, SQ9NOS, SP9PRR,
SP9EYX, SQ9NOZ, SQ9SBA, SP9ITK, SQ6KKN, SP9HZF, SP9DTR, SP9CTH, SP9JCS,
SP9BDN, SQ9ANP, SQ9ACU, DL1EMU-SP9TCY, DL1EKS, DL1GNC, OK2BIQ, DB3BJ,
SP5HEN, SP9AHB, SP9AQF, SP9BI, SP9BQJ, SP9CTH, SP9DTR, SP9EBQ, SP9EUH,
SP9EYX, SP9FKQ, SP9FOW, SP9FRZ, SP9FTJ, SP9FUC, SP9FUU, SP9GFI, SP9HTU,
SP9HVW, SP9HZF, SP9IKF, SP9JDP, SP9JHB, SP9JQ, SP9LIV, SP9LIZ, SP9LJD,
SP9MDO, SP9MDY, SP9MPR, SP9MQA, SP9MQG, SP9NLB, SP9NLG, SP9OHP, SP9PT,
SP9QMH, SP9QMP, SP9QZI, SP9QZZ, SP9RCF, SP9RCL, SP9REP, SP9REU, SP9RTZ,
SP9RU, SP9SOO, SP9TMR, SP9TNN, SP9TPB, SP9UOP, SP9WZJ, SP9XT, SQ5ABF,
SQ5ABG, SQ6IUQ, SQ6KKN, SQ6KMC, SQ9ACK, SQ9ACU, SQ9ANP, SQ9ANT, SQ9BZO,
SQ9CNC, SQ9CWB, SQ9DHS, SQ9DIQ, SQ9GAR, SQ9HHA, SQ9HHC, SQ9HHO, SQ9HZM,
SQ9IDG, SQ9ITB, SQ9ITK, SQ9IWA, SQ9JA, SQ9JJH, SQ9JKG, SQ9JKW, SQ9JXA,
SQ9JXI, SQ9JXJ, SQ9KEK, SQ9KR, SQ9KRC, SQ9KRD, SQ9MPD, SQ9MUX, SQ9MZ,
SQ9NJ, SQ9NOS, SQ9NOZ, SQ9NRK, SQ9OUG, SQ9OUK, SQ9PCA, SQ9PL, SQ9PQK,
SQ9ROT, SQ9S, SQ9SBA, SQ9V, SP5PAT, SP5PMD, SP9KJT, SP9KJU, SP9KUP,
SP9KVC, SP9KVZ, SP9PKM, SP9PRO, SP9PRR, SP9PZD, SP9YDX, SP9ZKN.
Quelle: HF800RC auf QRZ.COM via DE0WRL
Tks DH1PAL for this list.
Internet: http://www.sp9kju.org/ also http://800lat.raciborz.pl/
Tks QRZ.com 6/6/17
6/1 to 6/30 2017
HUNGARY DANUBE RIVER HAM RADIO ACTIVITY
The International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River has declared June 29, each year to be the INTERNATIONAL DANUBE DAY. On the occasion of the event the group of Hungarian ham radio amateurs being resided at the Danube River Bend, HUNGARY call for a regularly organized special event activity each year. All hams worldwide are kindly invited to take part!
1. Official name of the event: INTERNATIONAL DANUBE RIVER HAM RADIO ACTIVITY
2. Participation: all licensed hams.
3. Period: 0000 UT June 01, - 2359 UT June 30, each year
4. Frequency: all legal frequencies.
5. Mode: all, repeater operation: accepted, VoIP (EchoLink, etc.) operation is also allowed if both sides are on radio (Radio - VoIP System - Radio).
6. Special Event Station: -== HG7DANUBE ==-.
7. Report: all participants will send a signal report, operator's name, and QTH. Stations operating alongside the river shall send "nr Danube" or "/Danube" in addition.
8. Points: Stations alongside Danube River from all 10 countries worth 1 point, 2 points can be claimed for them on DANUBE DAY (June 29, according to UT).
9. Any QSO with special event station HG7DANUBE is worth 5 points all over the activity period except on June 29, according to UT when 10 points can be claimed.
10. A station sending "nr Danube" or "/Danube" counts once for scoring independently from band and mode over the activity period.
11. Important: Station counts Danube river station if its QTH is a settlement that bordered or crossed by the Danube or operating portable on the bank or on an island of Danube or sailing on the river. The general rule that everybody can work everybody.
12. Danube countries: Examples of settlements bordered or crossed by Danube river include:
DL: ULM, REGENSBURG, PASSAU
OE: LINZ, KREMS, WIEN OM: BRATISLAVA, KOMARNO, STUROVO
13. Multiplier: None
14. Throphies: The highest score will be awarded with a special CUP. Furthermore top 3 scores will be awarded with a special Danube Day Activity Certification.
15. Cup winner: All contacts with Danube stations count and valid for DANUBE AWARD.
16. Remember that all valid Danube contacts (any time) count for DANUBE AWARD that is issued on application after having 100 stations alongside Danube River. Contacts are valid for the award since June 01, 2007.
17. Log/AWARD application instructions:Activity logs and/or applications for the DANUBE AWARD are to be sent to: Mr. Jozsef Szekely HA7VY, H-2011 Budakalasz, Kinizsi u. 5., Hungary or or via email: HA7VY as text attachment till July 30, in the actual year as to activity logs concerned. Your standard log extract (or spreadsheet) will highly be appreciated.. Final scores will also be published here.
18. Cup and certificates will be mailed to the winners. Please attach 2 EUR or equivalent in IRC to only Danube Award application for covering cost of postage.
The Danube, one of the world's great rivers stretches for 1800 miles from a spring in the Black Forest of southern Germany near Donaueschingen to the Black Sea. It runs east through Regensburg and Passau, Germany, to Linz and Vienna, Austria and on to Bratislava, Slovakia, then continues east to Budapest, Hungary where it abruptly heads south to Mohacs, Hungary. It is then joined by the Drava and again turns in an easterly direction to Belgrade, Serbia where its volume is increased by the Sava River. It then continues east, forming the border between Romania and Bulgaria, eventually creating a massive delta which now includes parts of Russia, Romania and Bulgaria, before emptying into the Black Sea. The delta is a very important bird sanctuary and breeding ground.
Esztergom - The gate of Danube River Band
Esztergom - The gate of Danube River Band (Opposite - Sturovo, OM)
On its banks you'll still see women washing clothes, fishermen's huts, stock and geese being watered, crumbling castles, river hamlets and village scenes, not to mention urban bridges, promenades and shipping quays. You'll also see Roman remains (the Rhine, Danube and Euphrates rivers defined the borders of the Roman Empire), Austrian/Hungarian-Turkish-Balkan forts and palaces, Balkan army maneuvering and a large hydroelectric dam where once the "iron gates" (rapids) caused transportation problems, but bucolic scenes still predominate.
Between urban areas you can still see bits of "old Europe" -the whole historic panorama. You can even imagine the first crossing of the river by the Goths in AD 377, the beginning of the end of the Roman Empire. The river's former wild nature has been subdued and tamed but it can still assert its authority on occasion, flooding river towns and villages and changing channels.
June 2 - 15, 2017
Canary Islands The EG8CM Award
From the Delegation of URE we want to collaborate with the aggrandizement of this party for which we put on the air this award of radio, so much for Radio amateurs as for SWL. The special station, EG8CM, will be active and on the air from June 2 to 15, 2017, operated by different club members, using different bands and modes.
5 different electronic awards will be awarded in .PDF or JPG format in the mixed mode.
1 - PASILLOS
2 - ALFOMBRAS
3 - DESCANSOS
4 - ARCOS
5 - TAPIZ
1. Award PASILLOS: Make at least 2 contacts / SWL reports with EG8CM in any band and mode.
2. Award ALFOMBRAS: Make at least 4 contacts / SWL reports with EG8CM in any band and mode.
3. Award DESCANSOS: Make at least 6 SWL contacts / reports with EG8CM in any band and mode.
4. Award ARCOS: Make at least 7 SWL contacts / reports with EG8CM station in any band and in 2 different modes.
5. Award EL TAPIZ: Make at least 7 contacts / SWL reports with EG8CM station in any band and in 3 different modes.
Bands: all permitted within the Band Plan of the IARU.
Modes: SSB, CW and DIGI (PSK, RTTY... etc.)
Duplicate contacts will not be counted in the same mode and band. (Contacts made on different days in the same band are not considered valid, and only one contact per band and mode is valid for the duration of the activity). 20m SSB, 20m CW and 20m DIGI (in any of its modalities) are three contacts in 20m that can no longer be repeated on successive days. DIGI mode is any one of them, it is not valid for example .20m PSK and 20m RTTY, it is only valid one of them.
Application for awards: The awards will be requested once the activity is completed and before June 30, to the e-mail: email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org stating: Call Sign, and full name, as you want it to appear in the award. Once we verify the QSO we will send by e-mail the corresponding award from August 2017.
E-mail: email@example.com Or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tks DXFUN 6/6/17
June 4 - 18, 2017
FRANCE 24 Hours of du Mans
This award celebrates the 24 hour time period durng which the famed French automoble race is held each year. Basically, you may earn theis award by making at least one QSO per year with the "Special Station of the 24 Heures du Mans" during 3 different years (consecutive or not).
Provide the QSO information, certified on your honour copy along with your QSL or logbook as evidence of such contacts made since 1952. Some of the call signs used in the past, and which will count for the award are: F3YE, F3XC, F8GE, F6KFI, TV6ACO and TM6ACO, the special callsign since 1992 (except 2000 : F6KFI).
All modes. All bands.
Award fee is: 10 €
Internet: (more information): http://aras-ref-72.blogspot.fr/2017/04/tm24h-2017.html
Tks Awards DX Cluster 6/12/17
June 4, 2017
June 11, 2017
June 18, 2017
ITALY 1st Gulf Diploma
This event, created by Alcamo's "ARS" TP01, is open to all OM and
SWL Italian and European operators. Amateur stations and SWLs interested in obtaining the "1st Gulf
Diploma" will have to contact the "IQ9QL / p" activation station
which will operate from the three listed locations in the following days:
1. 04/06/2017 City of Alcamo
2. 11/06/2017 Town of Castellammare del Golfo
3. 18/06/2017 City of Balestrate
All stations who have contacted the "IQ9QL / p" station within the three given days can apply for the diploma, (only if they have connected all three times the station), which will be sent in pdf format for free. The log must be sent no later than 15/07/2017 to the email: email@example.com , the log can be in the format adi, exel, pdf.
Call: The station "IQ9QL / p" will make the call "Cq 1 ° Gulf Diploma" on the 20/40/80 meters only on voice, and each operator will have to give his name, report and eventual stop time.
June 6 to 18, 2017
RUSSIA 80th Anniversary of First Soviet Arctic Station on drifting ice
Look for special event calls to commemorate the 80th anniversary of the official opening of the first Soviet Arctic Station on drifting ice. The stations will be active from the 6th and 18th of June 2017.
Requirements: To earn this AWARD you need to get 274 points.
1. Stations situated above Arctic circle - 10 points.
2. Members of "Arctica" club = 10 points
3. Members of "Arctica" who are operating from any location above Arctic Circle = 20 points.
4. Special event stations call signs = 25 points.
(Special calls are: RA80SP , RC80SP, RJ80SP, RM8SP, RQ80SP, RW80SP, RX80SP, RY80SP)
1. Duplicate QSOs are good for award credit if made on different bands and different modes. All 2. DIGI modes are counted as one mode.
3. Double points are given for VHF/UHF and satellite QSO.
4. NA, SA, OC and AF applicants have a multiplier of 3 (therefore they only need to get 92 + points to apply)
5. There are separate awards for MIX, CW, SSB and DIGI
6. The award can be downloaded from http://arctica.hamlog.ru/diploms/pa/
1. EU, Asia and Russia need QSOs with at least 9 "Arctica" club
members. Duplicate QSOs are not counted.
2. NA,SA,OC and AF need 9 QSO with "Arctica" club members. Duplicate QSOs for these continents are OK if made on different bands and modes.
3. To request your Plaque send email to firstname.lastname@example.org . The price will vary due to your location and postal charges.
Internet: (Russian Language) https://www.rcarktika.net/ìåðîïðèÿòèÿ-êëóáà/north-pole-1/
Tks K1BV Research 6/6/17
17 - 25 June 2017
ENGLAND International Museums Weekends 2017
This is an Amateur Radio Special Event taking place on the weekends of 17th - 18th and 24th - 25th June, 2017.
This will be held on the third and fourth weekends in June 2017 - the first weekend of which remains the primary weekend, but you are welcome to join us on either or both of the weekends.
As we have a much stronger event administration team, a big international push is in progress for both the IMW and the new IAW for 2017, to bring in many more museum stations.
The intention of the event is to set up amateur radio special event stations
at as many of the museums as possible throughout the whole of the world. The
Sponsor hopes for an HF, VHF, and if at all possible, a Ui-View (APRS) packet
station to be set up at each museum site, but the scope of your station is
entirely up to you. The choice of museum is also left very much up to you,
however aim for the largest and/or most unusual site you can find.
The museums taking part over the years have included ships, castles, air museums, Napoleonic forts, pumping stations, wireless museums, racing museums and many others. For the purposes of the event, the word 'museum' is loosely interpreted. There really is no shortage of venues in which such an event can be staged, no matter where in the world you might live.
The event has proven itself to be extremely popular and well supported special event particularly amongst the UK radio amateur population. It also went down very well at the museums which were used as the venues for the event, and invitations have again been extended for the coming June. It has shown itself to be a tremendous public relations exercise, as well as all of us having lots of fun over the IMW weekends. At least part of the intention for this event, is to present modern amateur radio to members of the public and to help us loose some of the stuffy anorak image. What better place to do this than in the very public and well visited areas of the many museums which can be found in most parts of the world?
1. Awards will be provided in PDF format sent out by E-Mail and will be free of charge.
a. The awards will be issued for contacting either 5 or 20 IMW registered stations worked, and the requirement for SWLs is for 10 registered stations heard.
b. To claim the awards send a log extract with your Email Address, Name and Call-Sign.
c. Your logs should also include, registration number from the IMW website list, call of the museum station worked, date, time in UTC, Band, Mode, and in case of SWLs: the call sign of the station worked by the museum station.
3. Please include all IMW stations worked since the Awards will show the exact number of IMW stations, not just the required 5 or 20 or 10.
4. The log extracts can be in any the following formats: txt, doc/docx, xls/xlsx, pdf, jpg and should be sent to The Awards Manager , Hans Jurgen-Schmelzer DE3EAR, by EMail.
Tks SP9JPA Blog 6/15/17
17 - 18 June 2017
RUSSIA World-Castles Day 2017
1. Date: The third weekend of June (Saturday and Sunday) – the 17th- 18th of June.
2. Time: From 00:00 UTC of the 17th of June till 23:59 UTC of the 18th of June.
3. Bands: All HF and VHF amateur bands.
4. Modes: CW, SSB, DIGITAL, FM
5. Call for contacts: «CQ WCW» – «CQ World Castles Weekend»
6. Exchange: Stations operating from fortresses, castles and other historical objects will give a signal report and the number of the object according to WCA-list . For example, 59(9) CT-01880.
7. WCAG members give a signal report and member’s number. For example, 59(9) 011
8. Other hams, who are not associated with Castle groups only need to give a signal report.
9. Awards -(Hunters): making a QSO/SWL with at least 5 radio stations operating from fortresses and castles or WCAG members are eligible to receive the special memorable diploma-certificate WCW-2017 please send an e-mail request to Lovro S50LD.
10. Activator stations making contacts from castle or fortresses will be issued "WCAA – World Castles Activator" Award in addition to the memorable diploma-certificate WCW-2017, e-mail requests to be made to the sponsor, Andrew RN1CW.
Tks RN1CW 6/10/17
See specific dates of operation
17 June to 20 September 2017
FRANCE Special Award the Boyard Fortress
Fort Boyard in English is a fort located between the Île-d'Aix and the Île d'Oléron in the Pertuis d'Antioche straits, on the west coast of France and is the filming location for the TV gameshow of the same name. Though a fort on Boyard bank was suggested as early as the 17th century, it was not until the 1800s under Napoleon Bonaparte that work began. Building started in 1801 and was completed in 1857. In 1967, the final scene of the French film Les aventuriers was filmed at the remains of the fort. (Tks WIKIPEDIA)
Look for activity on activated bands 6, 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 40m
Activity is planned for the following dates: (Red signifies period already completed.)
22 & 28 April 2017
20 & 26 May 2017
There are four award categories:
Bronze = QSOs on 3 bands.
Silver = QSOs on 4 bands.
Gold = QSOs on 5 bands.
Platinum = QSOs on 6 bands.o
The award is free. Just send e-mail to F4DTO e-mail account as shown below together with QSO data, and an electronic award will be sent to you in return.
Tks IW3HV 6/17
1 - 31 July 2017
GERMANY "Sea of Peace" ( SOP ) - Pennon
The SOP Pennon continues a tradition over 40 years old. Every year in July, the radio amateurs of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern district accomplish special activities supporting the application of the SOP. The SOP is awarded for contacts with different countries/areas bordering the Baltic Sea and Norway during the period of 1st to 31st of July. Starting in 1992, the sponsor has awarded a SOP sticker (a small pennon) every one for yearly continuing accomplishment of the SOP competition.
1. On HF, European applicants have present contacts for 15 (at least 3-DL points)
2. Non- Europeans need 10 points. (At least 1 DL point)
3. Germany is compulsory.
4. On frequencies above 30 MHz exclusively applicants need only 5 points. DL is here not compulsory.
1 QSO with Mecklenburg-Vorpommern district (DOK: V.., Z87, Z89, MVP, SOP..) = 3 points or 3 different other stations of DL = 3 points (DL max. 3 points).
The following 25 countries/areas count 1 point each for the SOP:
ES LA LY OH1 OH2 OH5 OH6
OH8 OH9 OHØ OJØ OZ RA1 RA2F
SM1 SM2 SM3 SM5 SM6 SM7 SMØ
SP1 SP2 YL
Also SWLs may obtain the SOP. No QSLs, please log extract only. If you have earned the award five years of SOP Activity, we award a special sticker free of charge.
Please send your application to our SOP-Manager till the 31 August every year: Georg Tretow, DL4SVA, P.O.Box 1114, D-23931 Grevesmühlen, Germany.
Award fees:SOP sticker 4 EUR or 6 US$
All necessary information of transferring the fee will be sent to you after successful application position. We prefer online applications.
1 July to 31 December 2017
BULGARIA Diploma "Rayna Kasabova " LZ120RK "
The International HAM aviators club "Fifth Ocean" recognizes the 120th anniversary of the birth of Rayna Kasabova the first Bulgarian woman in the World who participated in a military flight in 1912. She was born on 1st of July 1897 in Karlovo, Bulgaria.
The Council of the "Fifth Ocean" Club http://www.aviaham.ru has established this memorable Diploma honoring these duties.
Requirement: To obtain the Diploma you need to earn120 points by contacting
stations shown below together with the number of points they provide:
1. QSO with special call of LZ120RK = 15 points.
2. QSO with any Fifth Ocean member working /AM = 10 points
3. QSO with Fifth Ocean members worked on CW = 7 points.
4. QSO with Fifth Ocean members worked on any digital mode = 5 extra points.
5. QSO with Fifth Ocean members worked on SSB = 3 extra points.
6. For contacts made on 160M band and on VHF/UHF bands add extra 5 points.
7. During the special days of activity 1 – 10 July 2017, all point values are doubled.
8. QSO with the same station counts if the QSO is made on different modes and bands.
Once you have completed the contacts, go to http://aviaham.hamlog.ru/ Where you can download an electronic version of the Diploma free of charge. (This website collects QSO information from the stations that can give points. It will determine if you have made the required number of points. If so, it will issue the award.
Tks LZ1ZF 7/7/17
(I had just contacted LZ120RK today (July 7) and Gosho reminded me to add this award. Here you are!!!)
1 - 31 July 2017
POLAND 60th Anniversary of the first amateur from Babia Gora Mountain. SN60BG
This is a special station celebrating the 60th anniversary of first QSO from "Babia Gora" mountain. - Loc JN99SN in Pland
The SP9PGB Ham Radio Club in Maków Podhalañski is commemorating the 60th anniversary of the first amateur radio communications from Babia Góra-Diablak - 1725 m asl. This expedition was originally organized by members of SP9KBH Ham Radio Club from ¯ywiec in July 1957. Members of our Club would like to once again celebrate this event by organizing a special call station SN60BG (QSL via SP9PGB) that will be on air throughout July 2017.
Make one contact with special event station SN60BG during 1-31 July 2017 and you will earn a special anniversary certificate. QSL via SP9PGB (biuro PZK OT-10)
Send an e-mail to the address noted below together with your call sign, operators full name, time of the QSO/SWL. QSL cards and certificates will be sent out in August 2017.
Tks QRZ.com 7/4/17
1 - 7 July 2017
USA 13 Colonies Special Event 2017
13 Colonies is an annual Special Event held during the 4th Of July Week. Those who participate try to make contact(s) with all 13 Colony Stations, plus the 2 Bonus Stations. You do not need to make contact will all 13 to get the certificate. Getting all 13 is known as a Clean Sweep. You do not need the 2 bonus stations for a clean sweep.
The 13 Colonies event will have TWO Bonus Stations:
1. Our old friends " WM3PEN " will participate from Philadelphia, PA, where independence was declared. The 13 Colonies certificate will have a Liberty Bell added for a contact with " WM3PEN ".
APPLYING FOR THE AWARD:
1) Download and print out our Colony Log sheet (this is a fill able PDF ),on the Log Sheet Page. (Yours is OK too). Fill-in all applicable information. NOTE: this also applies to SWLs requesting a certificate.
2) A $5.00(US) donation** is requested (NOTE: this is an increase from
previous years due to increased costs of materials- envelopes up 45% - and
postage - we kept the previous cost as long as we could and hope that you
understand and continue to participate). ALSO INCLUDE A RETURN SELF ADDRESSED
LABEL for your certificate return envelope. This label does not have to be a
self stick label, just a label of some sort. (3x5 card, Hand written Label etc.)
We will tape it to the shipping envelope. A self stick is great too!.
Certificate requests without the above LABEL requests will be delayed, as this
requires us to search QRZ and hand label your return envelope. PLEASE help us
get you your certificate sooner by following these instructions, and clear
handwriting helps us.
3) Cash, check or MO is OK. Place my name on the check/MO this way: (pay to the order of) Ken Villone-Award Manager. (Banks are fussy!)
4) Send your return label, donation & log sheet to: Ken Villone-KU2US, PO.Box-185, Conesus NY. 14435-0185, USA.
5) We will provide the return envelope and postage. NO extra postage required for DX requests.
3. EXCHANGE: The exchange for this event is:CALL SIGN, RS / RST / RSQ, STATE / PROVINCE or COUNTRY
4. Bands & Modes:
All HF bands will be in play, including the WARC bands, with the exception of
60 meters. Simplex on 2 meters and 6 meters is encouraged.
The SE stations are on the east coast and, are very close to each other. It will be harder for these states to contact each other so, use of 40m-160m is encouraged.
5. All modes of operation may be represented - SSB, CW, RTTY, Digital, Etc. - The mode of operation is up to the individual colony state station. Please refer to the State information pages for details.
6. The 13 Colonies Special Event is a not for profit event. All donations are used to fund the next years event, and to defray any expenses occurred. All donations are used for operating costs, supplies, equipment, and 13 Colony Group initiatives. Donation is voluntary. If you have difficulty with a donation, tell us on your log sheet, and we will send you the certificate earned-No Questions Asked!.
Tks QRZ.com 7/4/17
July 4 to 11, 2017
August 1 to 8, 2017
ITALY II^ "ASCOLI, CITY OF QUINTANA " AWARD
For the 2017 edition, each of the six Sestieri (Italian towns divided into 6 administrative areas) of the city will be combined with two Calls (these calls may be different for the two rounds that, this year, will run on July 8 and August 6).
Basic AWARD: You must have a contact with all six Sestieri of the City (QSO with at least one of the two Calls combined with each of the six Sestieri):
The Sestieri: Amateur Stations in these areas:
1. Porta Romana IZ6WSJ Max, IU6FUB Cesare
2. Porta Tufilla IK6XEJ Rino, IK6GZM Gianluca
3. Porta Solestà IZ6ZCV Antonio, IZ6XOK Vittorio
4. Porta Maggiore IK6BSN Maurizio, I6CCI Ignazio
5. Piazzarola IZ6OYU Fabrizio, IK6CLX Umberto
6. Sant’Emidio I6FDJ Filippo, IK6HLN Gianni
All bands / modes allowed (according to the Band Plan); No mode/band endorsement.
Dates of planned operations:
• July Edition: Start at 06.00 GMT on July 4th End at 22.59 GMT on July 11th ;
• August edition: Start at 06.00 GMT on August 1th End at 22.59 GMT on August 8th.
Advanced AWARD: You must have a contact with the Call "IQ6DH – Gruppo Comunale", on air only on the two days of Friday July 7th and Friday, August 4th, from 06.00 GMT to 22.59 GMT.
QSO during the July Round will be also used to complete the AWARD during the August Round.
Logs must be sent no later than August 31th, 2017 only in ADIF format (other types will not be accepted) via EMAIL at: email@example.com .
The Digital AWARD is completely free. For those who want a paper award, the sponsors ask for a contribution of €12 to be paid on POSTEPAY card #4023600666723038 (IK6BSN Bacilieri Maurizio card owner).
Tks DXFUN 7/4/17
1- 30 July 2017
ITALY 1987-2017, the 30th Anniversary of the Valtellina Flood Emergency Award
In July 1987 53 people were killed by floods and landslides in the Valtellina, a long valley in North Italy, 130 km northeast of Milan. The ARI local branch (Sondrio) commemorates the tragic events from July 1 to July 31 2017 with special call sign II2VALT and issuing the II2VALT: 1987-2017 30 years since Valtellina flood emergency" Award
1. PARTICIPANTS: Every OM and SWL in accordance with the laws of their
2. VALIDITY PERIOD
Starts 00.00 UTC July 01,2017
Ends 22.00 UTC July 31,2017
All HF 160M - 10M including Warc
CW - SSB - DIGI (BPSK - RTTY)
5. AWARD REQUEST - Make one copy with the anniversary callsign.
OM: The Award can be down loaded free of charge from Qrz.com after the data has been verified by the sponsor.
SWL : copy of electronic log via email
6. Applicants will receive the Award in jpg format only. No paper release.
Tks IW3HV 6/12/17
July 23 - 29, 2017
HUNGARY 2017 European Youth Olympic Festival ( HG17EYOF )
Short European Youth Olympic Festival history: The idea of the European Youth Olympic Festival (EYOF) was brought to life in 1990 by Jacques Rogge, former president of the European Olympic Committees, with the aim to provide a possibility for young athletes to get to know the Olympic Movement and learn about the Olympic values and ideals, as well as its universality. Furthermore, Mr Rogge wanted to give a chance for the talented youth and Olympic prospects to compete internationally on a high level against each other in an Olympic setting already at an earlier age.
Similarly to the Olympic Games and other continental championships the EYOF is not hosted in every year. It is organised in uneven years, adjusting to the four year Olympic cycle avoiding the Olympic years, and throughout the years it has become one of the highest ranked youth events within the European Continent.
The organisers of the Festival always put emphasis on creating a high quality event for the age group of 15-17. The Hungarian Olympic Committee is proud to be among those, who have participated at all the winter and summer editions of the EYOF, with small but successful delegations.
Need 3 QSOs /1 QSO CW, 1 QSO PHONE, 1 QSO DIGI/ with HG17EYOF for the award, no band restriction. Send application with the QSO datas to firstname.lastname@example.org The award is voluntary, available only in electronic format.
Internet: (QRZ.com) Http://www.qrz.com/db/HG17EYOF
8-18 September 2017
ISRAEL EXODUS 1947 - 70th Anniversary
This award commemorates the 70th Anniversary of the historic sailing of the vessel Exodus from France to Israel in 1947, prior to statehood of the country.
After WWII the British enforced restrictions on Jewish immigration to British controlled Palestine.
The Exodus 1947 was a US coastal freight passenger ship launched in 1928, sold as scrap. It was purchased by the Hagana (the underground Jewish military organization) in order to transport Jews who sought to illegally immigrate into Palestine.
In July 1947, the ship left Sète, France. It carried 4,554 Jewish men, women, and children, all Holocaust survivors from displaced persons (DP) camps. The ship was shadowed by the British navy. On July 18, 20 miles from Haifa, the British navy boarded the ship. In a fierce fight one Jewish crew member and two passengers were killed. Dozens suffered bullet wounds and other injuries.
Attempting to make an example of the Exodus 1947, the British towed the ship to Haifa and transferred the passengers onto three navy transports which returned to Europe. The ships first landed at Port-de-Bouc, France, where the passengers were ordered to disembark. The French authorities refused to forcibly remove the refugees. British authorities, fearing adverse public opinion, sought to wait until the passengers disembarked of their own accord. The passengers, including many orphaned children, forced the issue by declaring a hunger strike. After 24 days, mounting pressure from international media coverage pressed British authorities to find a solution. The British transported them to Hamburg in the British-occupied zone of Germany, where the passengers were interned in DP camps.
DPs in camps all over Europe protested vociferously and staged hunger strikes when they heard the news. Large protests erupted on both sides of the Atlantic. The ensuing public embarrassment for Britain played a significant role in the diplomatic swing of sympathy toward the Jews and the eventual recognition of Israel, the Jewish state, in 1948.
Unique eQSLs and Certificate
All QSOs within the framework of this special event will be uploaded to LoTW and eQSL. An eQSL registered operator making QSO who successfully contacts any one of these special-event stations will receive a unique eQSL.
An operator who successfully contacts both stations during the period of the special event will be eligible to receive a special certificate. Requests for the special certificate should be mailed with relevant QSOs details to 4Z4DX@iarc.org who will email them the certificate.
Tks QRZ.com 7/4/17
QSL: LOTW Responsibility: 4Z4DX for 4X70EXODUS , 4Z1DZ for 4Z70ARNON
16 October to 16 November 2017
BELGIUM Canadian Liberation March OP36CLM
The award honors members of the Canadian Armed Forces who liberated areas of Belgium from Nazi occupation duiring WW2. This is a tradition that goes back to 1981. The special event station this year will be OP36CLM which will be active for the one month period..
To apply for the FREE award, fill in the form on this link. http://www.onz.be/formulieren/canadian-liberation-march/
To earn the award, only one QSO or HRD qso for SWL stations. The award is
free of charge, and only available in digital form.
QSL manager is ON3AIM Ivo and award manager is Pat ON7PP.
22 October to 31 December 2017
GERMANY Schollen Diploma
On the occasion of its 25th anniversary, the German amateur radio club, Hamburg-Finkenwerder, DOK E37, offers this diploma as recognition for proven contacts on or after 22.Oct.2016 with the following club members in the DARC district Hamburg:
You must work at least 10 local stations in the district of Hamburg, all of which are located directly on the Elbe River.
1. Club members from DOK’s: : E01, E32, E04, E19, E22, E37, E07 - E18, E36.
2. In addition, the following Z-DOK's Z24, Z27, Z28 also apply. Contacts with these stations = 1 point.
3. QSO with one of the 3 club stations of OV Finkenwerder: DL0FKW, DK0MBB and DF0CB are required. The club stations count 2 points, the operator counts one point.
4. Finally club station DL0YLE also counts with 2 points and can be used as a wildcard that can be substituted for any a missing station except for the 3 compulsory club stations.
All bands and operating modes are permitted with the exception of Packet Radio, Echolink and D-STAR).
The diploma application is submitted with a GCR list. Here you can choose between an "E" award sent by e-mail, for 2,00 Euro or to receive a post-paid diploma for 7,00 Euro which you may pay via PayPal after the your information has been checked. exam.
Contact: DL1XAS, Andreas Spilker, Osterladekop 92 a, 21635 Jork, GERMANY.
Tks DH1PAL 6/17/17